The #addiechallenge is here! Sew something for yourself before the holiday rush begins!
Don't forget to add a photo to instagram with hashtag #addiechallenge and #seaminglysmitten and/or add one to our facebook group HERE
to be entered to win some fabulous prizes!
Welcome to The Addie Top / Dress Sew Along! I'm so glad you are here!
This week we are having an Addie Top sewing along and here is our schedule! I tried to include a little sewing each day, so at the end of the week you have a brand new top!
Tuesday: DAY 2 CLICK HERE
measure for your size, cut the paper pattern and cut your fabric
Wednesday: DAY 3 CLICK HERE
assemble the bodice, iron on the interfacing, attach the facing
Thursday: attach the sleeves, ruffles
Friday: add cuffs and hem your top or dress then start sending in those photos!!
Starting Friday through next Wednesday, November 27th you can add a picture of you wearing your new Addie Top in our facebook group and be entered to win some cool prizes!!
Read to get inspired? Of course you are!! Check out these awesome tops and dress below then head on over to grab a copy of your pattern...you know you want to try those sleeves, am I right?!?
1st Place: a $40 gift card to Sly Fox Fabrics and 3 free Seamingly Smitten sewing patterns
2nd Place: a $20 gift card to Seweird Fabrics and 3 free Seamingly Smitten sewing patterns
3rd Place: a $20 gift card to Milly Mae Fabrics and 3 free Seamingly Smitten sewing patterns
If you want to watch the VIDEO you can watch it HERE in our facebook group!
1. Lay your bodice right side up. Match the center of the sleeve armhole curve to the center of the left bodice shoulder seam. Pin. Make sure you do not pin the facing down.
2. Take the left edge of the armhole curve and match it to the left edge of the bodice's armhole. Pin. Repeat for the right edge.
3. Pin the entire sleeve to the armhole. Repeat for the other sleeve. Sew them both using a 3/8 inch seam allowance.
4. Use two parallel basting stitches to gather each ruffle to the same width of the bodice.
5. Pin the ruffle right sides together onto the front bodice, evenly spacing the ruffle. Pin. Repeat for the back ruffle and back bodice. Pin. Sew using a 3/8 inch seam allowance.
6. Lay your top right sides together, matching from the sleeve's wrist edge, down the sleeve, down the bodice and down the ruffle. Pin. Repeat for the other side. Sew using a 3/8 inch seam allowance.
7. Try on your top or dress INSIDE OUT. Pin on both sides if you need to take in the width at the waist or hips. Take off the top or dress and sew along your pins to taper the dress as needed.
You're done!! See you tomorrow to add cuffs and a hem! Thanks for sewing along!